“The TANAT Association was established as the result of a personal request of Billou Mohamed Moctar, ONODEP chairman and the Mayor of Abalak.””
This project was initiated by ONODEP, a Niger NGO, set up by the inhabitants of Abalak to establish and manage TANAT School. The Chairman of ONODEP is Hamed Billou MOHAMED MOCTAR, the Mayor of Abalak.
TANAT association :
- Is a French association.
- Its vocation is to contribute to education, development and peace in Niger.
- Its mission is to support the TANAT School project by financing the building, balancing the school’s running expenses and managing its sponsorships and partnerships.
- It includes some 10 voluntary helpers and more than 300 donors and sponsors.
- Every euro given goes in full to the TANAT School because all running expenses are borne entirelly by the voluntary helpers.
The Educational Partners
The Bayard institution and the Itec Boisfleury high school of Grenoble set up pedagogical and technical partnerships with ONODEP and TANAT, in order to provide support that is respectful of the needs of the educational system in Niger.
The Institutional Partners
- Abalak Town Council
- Niger Ministry of Education (Primary and Secondary School Inspectorate)
This project was supported and approved by the Mayor of Abalak and the Prefect of the Abalak department. Following the strong support of the chief education officer and the regional director of education, the Minister of Education granted the TANAT School permission to open.
TANAT Association Board
- Michel Crozet: Sponsorships
- Jean-Marie Hatton: Relations with institutions
- Dominique Héraud: General secretary
- Didier Tissot: Teaching skills
- Guy de Place: Chairman
- Sylvie de Place: Treasurer
- Guy Thomas: Teaching skills
- Catherine Vialle: Health and preventative medicine